Our Piano Educators Idaho Music Academy
Along with being the director of the Idaho Music Academy, Luann has been a piano teacher since 1988 and maintains a private piano studio of students who are located throughout the Treasure Valley. She has been a collaborative pianist for all instruments for all ages and abilities including Boise State University, and an active judge for piano festivals throughout the state.
Luann graduated with a Bachelor of Music in Piano Performance from Boise State University and will complete the Master of Music with the graduate recital. In addition, she has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
THE DIRECTOR OF IDAHO MUSIC ACADEMY: LUANN FIFE:
- Piano teacher since 1988 and maintains a private piano studio of students who are located throughout the Treasure Valley.
- Collaborative pianist for all instruments for all ages and abilities including Boise State University.
- Active judge for piano festivals throughout the state.
- Bachelor of Music in Piano Performance from Boise State University and will complete the Master of Music with the graduate recital.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Former State President for the Idaho Federation of Music Clubs, which awards up to $80.000 in scholarships each year.
- Former President of Sigma Theta Tau, Mu Gamma Chapter, the nursing honor society, for the second term.
- Church Pianist
- Chairman for the String Festival for Boise Tuesday Musicale
- Chairman of the Sonatina Festival for Idaho Music Teacher’s Association.
Classic and Jazz Piano
Jeremy knows it’s never too late to play well because he took only two and a half years of formal piano lessons as a kid and did not begin lessons again until age 22. At that time he enrolled at Boise State University as a music composition major. There he also focused on piano performance, played piano in the Boise State Jazz Big Band, composed an orchestral work premiered by the Boise State University Symphony Orchestra, and won the 2005 Boise State Concerto Competition for piano.
After graduating from Boise State he moved to New York City where he earned a Master of Music and Performing Arts at New York University. During that time he scored several movies, played jazz piano, and completed the intensive curriculum at the European American Musical Alliance in Paris during the interim summer.
In 2007 he moved to Los Angeles where he placed third in the T.C.M. Young Film Composers Competition, continued scoring for film, and composed the principal thematic music for the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics World Winter Games.
He is currently residing in Boise and likes anything music related, especially helping people play piano and compose music well. He loves music mostly for the pure enjoyment it gives and hopes his students will find the same!
Owen Lowe is an active Treasure Valley pianist with a passion for performance. Starting lessons when he was 5, and taking up singing at the age of 14, Owen has been a part of the music community for a very long time. Graduating from Boise State University with a Bachelors of Music Performance, he has won numerous awards over the years, including a performance as a guest soloist with the Boise Youth Symphony and Rising Star Concert Series, he has also placed as a finalist in the Boise State Concerto Aria Competition. A passionate performer, Owen strives to help his students find that same passion for music that he has.